The Happyish Homestead

Monday, January 13, 2014

Post #364

I feel bad for this post.

It’ll just be an accumulation of the past four weeks of my life.

Probably with some bullets.

And some terrible photos.

That even editing won’t improve.

And random details.

Maybe an exclamation point to try and convince myself that last week didn’t entirely kick my bum.

Although, it did.

Let’s just say it’s a good thing Bryce got me some hot chocolate mix.

From Costco.

I think I have like 3# of it.

Maybe only 2# after last week…?

Does it really matter?

Let’s go with ‘no’.

{That’s what people say who’ve drowned their sorrows in liquid chocolate.}

We’re not dwelling.

Bennett ready for church.

SAM_3077

And at the breakfast table.

SAM_3119

And showing off his ‘healthy’ legs.

SAM_3087

And in new pjs and his own sock monkey.

SAM_3098

We bought this tractor for Spencer from a yard sale last summer and Adeline bought him a riot police helmet.

SAM_3095

And I sold him on his turtle shell after I demonstrated that he could slide his sword behind his back.

And, yes, he has a black eye.  Due to a combination of a table, stool, slippery socks, and an open dishwasher, all while my back was turned. (!)

SAM_3106

Meg

SAM_3103

Adeline

SAM_3102

Elizabeth

SAM_3104

And the monkeys, with their stuffed animals.

Don’t worry, I know that sounded lame.

{I’m not that far gone…}

SAM_3114

During the Christmas break we: {see? bullets as promised….}

  • caroled to our neighbors.
  • made and decorated sugar cookies.
  • stayed at a local hotel with a 25ft water slide for New Year’s Eve.
  • organized toys.
  • went clearance clothes shopping.
  • had a nacho party.
  • did a family talent show which included but was not limited to: re-appearing ornaments, pulling a bunny out of a box, piano pieces, a choreographed dance number by Bryce and myself, the re-telling of the Christmas story with puppets, and according to Meg an ‘un-disappearing’ marker.
  • watched the talent show over and over again.  (Thanks modern technology, proving I really have no rhythm.)
  • saw Frozen.
  • found Frozen soundtrack.
  • sang with and fought over Frozen soundtrack.
  • threatened to take away Frozen soundtrack.
  • got my haircut.
  • built 10 additional raised garden beds.

And now it’s January and a new year.

And I’m convinced I would be way better at goal setting and keeping if January landed some time in the summer, when it’s warm and sunny.

Katie

Out of curiosity, who is your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?

5 comments:

  1. Love the sock monkeys! And the American girl dolls! (Adeline's doll I call the Elizabeth Smart doll, don't you think it looks just like her? Random, I know. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he. Also, I see you have great taste in boys clothing. Turner has the same vest as Bennett and the same orange/brown shirt as Spencer. Brilliant minds think alike. Also, love the dolls. Can't wait to see all your adventures in making doll clothing now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michaelangelo (c'mon, who can argue with pizza and nunchak's?!). My grown up self should choose Leonardo though.

    And glad to see the Frozen epidemic has hit your home too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelangelo, totally. Oddly enough, Annie just had a test and it asked her to name 3 renaissance artists. She could only think of two so I said I'd give her one hint: Ninja turtles. Donatello for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ninja turtles. It's a show I never watched until I was a parent, yet I remember my high school paper sack science book cover being covered in ninja turtle stickers that I got from eating Starburst packages that I bought from my biology teacher who sold candy bars to help the sophomore class raise money. I thinnk Donatello is too often over looked so I'm gonna pick him. I'm nice that way. I also picked overlooked orange as my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....