The Happyish Homestead

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sometimes My Life Is Overwhelming

And let’s be honest, it’s because there’s so much bounty.

…Not from trials….

Right now it’s from:

too many green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggs and raspberries,

clothing {read laundry}

too much house

too many toys

too many hobbies

too much service

etc.

You get the idea?

And I grumble under my breath as I bottle the 70th pint of green beans and a skirt sits cut out but not finished on my sewing machine.

{I actually counted how many pints because I’m like that.}

And my friends think of sarcastic sayings like: #soblessed!

But then I feel like a jerk because I come home from serving at our church’s pear orchard for three hours grumbling about the mess in the house…

And Bryce and the kids have made a fun, little video while I was gone.

And because I’m a dork, I couldn’t figure out how to get the darn thing loaded, but here it is in pictures:

 

DSC02617

DSC02618

DSC02619

DSC02620

DSC02622

DSC02623

DSC02624

DSC02626

DSC02627

DSC02628

DSC02629

DSC02630

DSC02632

DSC02633

DSC02634

DSC02636

DSC02637

DSC02638

DSC02639

DSC02642

And, of course, it made me bawl like a selfish baby.

{I’m planning on posting again this week and sharing who is getting some of my free hand-me-downs….get excited.}

Katie

3 comments:

  1. How sweet and how glad I am that you are so blessed with a family who appreciates you, especially when dad reminds them to. You (and the rest of the Bells) deserve every good thing.
    Tell Elizabeth her teacher will return on Sunday...I'm excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you have a good husband and kids! That is such a thoughtful thing for them to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want a video like that for Christmas. Commence me leaving your blog post up on my computer screen at random times so Michael can see it...

    Your willingness to admit the need for an attitude adjustment is just one of many reasons why you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....