The Happyish Homestead

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Those Six Weeks

of my life

this year

recently

where everyone in the household

got sick.

With fevers

and upchucks

and the runs

and drippy noses

and sore throats

and dry coughs

and ear infections

{for the first time ever!  I know, what?! We’ve managed to escape the troublesome ear infections until Libby started cutting her two top teeth.  It basically sucks.}

Except me.

{Not that I wouldn’t mind laying in bed all day sleeping and reading and having Gatorade brought to me on the hour and sluffing on all of my earthly responsibilities.}

So anyway,

documenting my life has taken a back seat as I’m definitely confident no one, and I mean, really, no one wants to remember in picture format the state of the bathroom at this house.

But, I managed to grab a couple of things:

So Adeline has this fun little crown, it’s a bit of trim that was covered with wood glue and left to dry and then spray painted glittery gold.

I’m desperate to find an occasion where everyone in the family would absolutely have to wear one.

DSC03243

 

 

DSC03245

 

And I wanted to photograph this outfit.  I found this super fun dress and paired it with some plum tights that my brother-in-law bought for me and a sweater I already had on hand.

 

DSC03260

 

And why, yes, my mirror is filthy.

DSC03261

 

I bought this wood dolly at a sale this summer, which Spencer naturally attached to his ‘tractor’.

DSC03264

 

I have to admit, I’m not sure what he planned to do with those fence stakes.

DSC03266

 

And I’ve take 3,982 pictures of these two in the bathtub hoping to get one good enough to print and frame in the bathroom.

And still, nothing.

DSC03274

 

Look, they have matching arm pit rolls.

DSC03279

 

The bathtub when the boys are done.

DSC03299

 

 

DSC03300

 

 

DSC03301

 

 

DSC03302

 

Here’s hoping you’ve gotten off scotch free this fall from getting any sort of sickness, and if you’ve managed even a fraction of what we did, have a hot chocolate on me,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. What a darling outfit...I'm sure you must feel like you are drowning in the sea of motherhood sometimes, Katie but I have to tell you I think your kids are super lucky to have you for their mother. You are doing much, much better than you think you are. There are so many things to admire about you...hang in there and don't forget when you want/need that shopping date with yourself and possibly Miss Libby, call me so we can set up a day for me to come over and watch the boys.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....