The Happyish Homestead

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas and Non-Christmas Alike

 

Here is my Christmas chalkboard.

You know what baffles me?

Chalkboard markers.

I don’t even get how they work.

They’re liquid and powdery all at the same time.

Like bananas, how are bananas both slimy and smooth?

I just don’t know.

I bought my markers at Michael’s, using a 50% off coupon, so it was like $6 for four of them.

They’re way better than regular chalk for this sort of thing.

SAM_2201

This was my inspiration.

SAM_2208

And I made this clothes pin bag.

It turns out that I didn’t love the apron that I made to hold the clothespins.

Why doesn’t anyone ever tell me when my ideas are bad?

Nothing about wearing an apron with 200+ clothespin around my waist in 100 degree weather pulling my pants down while I’m bending and reaching for four loads of laundry is a good idea.

My friend gave me this garment.

It was her brother’s nightgown.

(She’s in her late 60s.  A little less weird when said within the appropriate context.)

It’s flannel and has some cute embroidery.  I just cut out a circle and lined it with bias tape and then sewed the front, bottom, and arms closed.

I found the wood pink hanger at an estate sale for $.10.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....