The Happyish Homestead

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

LAY.ZY

I’ve been really lazy lately.

Lazy in the fact that I take a nap almost every week day.

Which also makes for a really lame blog.

I’m not pregnant.

Just lazy.

In all honesty, you can only be so lazy with:

1 husband

4 kids

15 chickens

3 ducks

30 raspberry plants

1.13 acres

and

3 meals a day.

But, this week, I’ve recommitted myself to productivity.

Do you mind if I share?

Yesterday I:

made two loaves of bread

cooked three meals

made one dessert

with the help of one Adeline

canned 14 quarts of grape juice (free concord grapes off of craigslist)

SAM_2118

sorted, washed, dried, put away four loads of laundry

picked one basket of raspberries

collected four eggs

delivered a dozen eggs to the neighbor

watched three episodes of “Call The Midwife” (on PBS.org which is so, so good) while I folded laundry

helped two kids with homework

and ate twenty eight pieces of Halloween candy.

In all fairness to myself, last week I canned 8 quarts of chunky applesauce from free apples,cut out the pieces for three stuffed animal Christmas gifts, sprayed weeds all over the property, and then….took a nap.

I’m hoping to get some painting done later in the week as the weather will be miserable so outside maintenance is limited.

What are you getting done?

Katie

3 comments:

  1. I'm lazy lately and I don't even have any naps to show for it. And thank you for contributing to my laziness by telling me about a new show. I watched two episodes today and didn't even fold any laundry while I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you come to Boise and motivate me? please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone's allowed to be lazy once in a while, especially when they're not pregnant. When you're pregnant it's not being lazy. It's just called "trying not to die from exhaustion because you're growing a whole new person" so it's a totally different thing.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....