The Happyish Homestead

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hi!

I’m still here.

You’re still here.

We’re all still here.

We survived 2016, Christmas, the New Year…all in that order.

And lucky us…everyone is home today!

Because, of course it’s a snow day.

Which is amazing for Southern Oregon.

Honestly, it almost never snows here.

And the fact that it’s prolific enough

that everyone has to stay home from work and school

and the day when I was supposed to get the house back the holiday break was over

it’s kinda….

well…

depressing?

miraculous?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So,

a couple of things.

I started a 365 photography challenge.

I’m supposed to take and share a picture a day for 365 days.

Everything that I’ve read says that it’s almost mandatory to improving one’s photography.

Which is where I’m at.

Also, some things are changing in the ol’ household so it will be nice to focus on a hobby that won’t cost a lot of money.

{If you ignore the hundreds of start up cash needed for a decent camera.}

Don’t worry, all good things, all good things.

Going to keep it vague for the time being.

I’ll be posting here on the blog and on Instagram @thehappyishhomestead #happyish365

If you’re doing one or thinking about doing one {you totally should, it will be so fun and we’ll be like 365 kindred spirits and we’ll get matching t-shirts and give each other pep talks on day 278…} leave your info so I can follow you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N E Way {see what I did there?} here’s some photos from the past couple of weeks.

Also, dear sisters, I’m hurt not ONE of you sent me an email demanding an excuse for my absence…do you still read?!

Christmas morning

Please note in writing, I am making an exception for the kitty…probably not going to be one of those people who have adorable pets in family pictures in the future, but it’s fine if you do, not that you needed my approval…

But that kitty {Ace} is new, and it was Christmas morning, and I was sleep deprived….so, cat in the picture.

It’s Adeline’s if you couldn’t tell from her prideful smirk.

DSC_0096

 

DSC_0099

Libby’s Christmas blocks

DSC_0113

We went up to Eugene to visit the grandparents over the new year and Bryce took me by these covered bridges that were a bit off the free way so I could snap a photo.

DSC_0151

DSC_0155

DSC_0157

DSC_0166

DSC_0176

Pit stop.

DSC_0184

The beginnings of the snowpocalypse.

DSC_0107

 

DSC_0115

Watching the snow. We have almost zero snow gear so sometimes outside play is a spectator sport.

DSC_0116

 

DSC_0118

I think we can all agree Adeline looks…malicious?

DSC_0128

 

DSC_0130

 

DSC_0143

 

DSC_01131

Happiest of New Years, hope your holidays were enjoyable and you’re looking forward to some great things from 2017,

Katie

4 comments:

  1. We have very little snow gear and we live where it snows. Awful. But it seems to sneak up on me every year and bam it snows and the littlest have no boots or gloves. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos...and, Adelaine got a kitty! We approve...hope he/she brings as much fun to you as Jenna has to us. You'll have to tell me all about it...was it a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow? Sarah is jealous... Your pictures look fantastic. Will you come take family pics for me?

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....