The Happyish Homestead

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Two Years Ago

We were praying fervently for rain.

Because we were in a drought and much of this area’s economy depends on the orchards doing well.

This winter I have water in my basement

{not inches, but it’s definitely, definitely damp}

piles of laundry because a part of our washer froze

making it incapacitated until we could get the replacement part

and we actually used the snow pants I picked up at a garage sale on a whim last summer.

If it’s not one thing, it’s another and it reminds me that things are constantly changing so I should try harder to just enjoy where I’m at and what I’m doing.

So, today, I’m going to enjoy

holding Libby on my hip all day long until my arm goes numb because she seems to be particularly fussy,

and Elizabeth yelling at me because she can’t find her shoes because she’s convinced I put them away somewhere super secret only I would know about because I’m mean and manipulative like that,

and Adeline crying that she might as well be dead because I’m making her eat the chicken I put in the sauce of my cream based penne pasta.

{It was delicious, let me know if you want the link to the recipe.}

But all things considered, we’re blessed.

With this last bout of weather people have been snowed it, lost power and our one neighbor lost an entire tree, roots ground side up and everything.

We managed to miss all that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy had a birthday.

DSC_0099

Libby’s keeping up with the kitty and the kitty’s trying to find better hiding spots.

DSC_0101

 

DSC_0107

Not even the toilet is secretive enough.

DSC_0110

Bennett and I doing a puzzle.

DSC_0112

And playing with the kitty.

DSC_0114

 

DSC_0118

 

DSC_0122

The kids going to school…thank you public education.

DSC_0146

And with the super wet weather, a bit of Wii Mario Kart.

DSC_0153

 

DSC_0207

This one is pretty good.  The kitty was safe from Libby since she can’t get in and out of the crib.

She was pretty ticked to find him in her bed, taking a bath, on her blankets.

DSC_0215

 

DSC_0222

 

DSC_0236

Hope you’re all doing well!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....