Monday, August 30, 2010
I regret to inform you that at this time in my life I have made a difficult and tearful decision. I will be taking a leave of absence for the period of approximately two weeks.
When I am crying everyday over who knows what, acting like a crazy person, trying to pack and purge and find a rental, and dealing with the emotional repercussions of knowing that Bryce will be off training in beautiful California for an extended period of time leaving me home.alone in a new area with three precariously obedient children (and hopefully a large sum of money for the local quilt store so I don't get bored), I lack the motivation, capacity, and/or ability to come up with clever post ideas.
And now for a plea: come back in two weeks, or for honesty's sake let's say 3 weeks. I will be back, and I hope that all of you will too.
Feel free to leave a comment stating your undying devotion and how terribly I will be missed......
Bryce got a job with the IRS in Medford, OR. We're moving next Wednesday, packing up next Tuesday between 6:30 and 7:30pm so if you live in the area....
Friday, August 27, 2010
- kissed anyone but Bryce.
- had a boy.
- liked raisins in Raisin Bran, they're too chewy, and while I'm trying to eat the raisins, my flakes are getting soggy.
- broken a bone.
- been in FFA, Future Farmers of America, but I did get a scholarship in high school towards college from them.
- taken a finance class. Bryce, and almost everyone else that I'm related to, is an accountant.
- been able to drive a stick shift.
- thought spanking kids is a good idea, although I've given one to both Elizabeth and Adeline. They seem fine for now, but who's to say they won't need therapy in the future...
- been wrong. That's not true, obviously. But it's fun to think it's true.
What about you?
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
- Floss. I know, I know, but I'm not buying into the fact that a minuscule size string perfectly placed can prevent cavities.
- Exercise. I feel like I just had this conversation, but I ran for a total of six weeks. That's not a record in any kind of category.
- Keep a journal, I can't even justify my blog, nor can you, knowing what we know about said blog.
- Weed my garden. After five months in, the novelty has worn off. If you can say weeding is novel.
- Tell people that we're moving. I know I should make some huge announcement, still....
- Take my kids to the library. I have a large fine, and seriously, I'll probably just skip town without paying it.
- Wash my fabric before I use it for a quilt.
- Clip coupons, just typing that makes me nauseous about all the work that I foresee.
- Give my kids vitamins. Some days I can barely get them fed all of the food groups in no particular order.
- Go through family pictures. I had my friend Becca take some family pictures and I'm still traumatized at how awful it went, independent of Becca - she was fabulous, that I can't summon the courage to open the file again.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Not that I don't adore and appreciate all of you and not that I don't think you deserve a fab post, I just don't think today is that day.
It could be one of the following reasons:
I was oh.so.sick yesterday.
Elizabeth was oh.so.sick on Monday.
I am worried that someone else will be oh.so.sick in the not too distant future.
My tomato plants, all eight of them, have produced a total of 2 ripe tomatoes.
We ran out of cereal two days ago.
I have cookie sheets full of stale bread waiting to become croutons. I don't eat bread bums.
My nose hurt for two days after the 'incident', however, I don't think that it's broken.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
- Throw up is the grossest when you are the one cleaning it up than at any other time.
- That it's a miracle that Adeline hasn't broken her other arm.
- Two kids at home that take naps is way easier than three kids.
- Moms are the best, especially when they visit and do all of the stuff that you get so.tired.of.doing: changing poopy diapers, taking the kids to the park, doing baths, cleaning dishes, wiping kids off after dinner, etc.
- When you are getting your three year old ready for bed with you leaning over and holding pajama shorts and she decides to jump in instead of stepping in and she rams your nose with her head at full speed and then you start crying and gushing blood like nobodies business and are trying to think of some obscenities that would be wildly appropriate for this situation and realize you don't really know any because you were raised better than that and then your daughter starts crying because you've scared the dickens out of her with so much blood and your head and nose hurt for four hours after the incident and there is a slightly perceptible black eye, you about want to call it quits.
- Five year olds need more sleep than they would have you believe.
- You can buy a chandelier with real crystals at an estate sale for $5 and then go to an antique store to see said chandelier going for $175 and feel prett-y good about yourself.
- The A-Team is actually a really, really funny movie, although your husband will be quoting antiquated lines from the original series for days.
- People who read this blog know about as much about plumbing as I do, which if you haven't caught on, is noth.ing.
- You take it personally when someone stops following your blog.
- Your husband quoting a line from one of your posts, i.e. ....not swayed by feminine tears....., is not nearly as funny as when you write it.
- A good book can be the best solution to a lot of problems.
I'm secretly hoping I don't have as much to learn this week,
Friday, August 13, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Sunday, August 8, 2010
- Bryce is not in the least bit swayed by feminine tears.
- He's really great at dishes.
- He lacks vision, so I should just stop asking if it's a good idea and just do it, and then prepare myself for his reaction.
- He is not a good phone conversationalist.
- He is surprisingly competent at home improvement things.
- He can work magic with popcorn and popcorn seasonings.
- Bryce has an interest in cooking soup and bread, which only recently surfaced.
- Our house is happiest when we are both patient and well rested and the kids are all in bed.
- Vacations revolve around adult naps.
- I wish I would have known that we were going to have three girls. I don't think I could have prepared myself, but it would have been worth a try.
- Bryce loves a good bargain at an estate/garage sale, just like I do.
- Just because you don't understand what someone does, doesn't mean you love them any less.
- The best line "what, in our history together, makes you think.......?"
- You should be supportive of the other person and their hobbies, even if it deals with combing a stinky pool of rain water for lost disc golf discs or using bent spoons to hold back curtains.
- An individual should accept another's limitations, like meatloaf and cleaning up throw up aversions or bath time.
- It's not that big of a deal if your spouse falls asleep during your labor, really it's not, it'll hardly ever come up.....
- Pet names are over-rated.
Bryce, what can I say? I hope all of our girls grow up to marry someone just like you. I'm sure they'll (I'll) survive to see that day. You're the love of my life.
Friday, August 6, 2010
I've seen loads of music sheet wreaths, but those just aren't me. I saw this idea on someone else's blog and I though I could manage it. The step-by-step: take old sheet music, role it into a tube, tape it, put it in a container. I put some old towels in the bottom so they would sit higher.
I saw this idea on someone's blog who posted a picture of it as seen in Pottery Barn. It must be a good idea if it's in Pottery Barn. Take some books that you don't read or won't read (one of those ones pictured here is Walden) tear off the covers, stack them up, and tie them with string.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010
The second winner is: Rachel Whyte. Rachel, make sure you let me know what your second choice is, Yesterday's Song or Forever in Blue Jeans.
I will be back on Wednesday with a normally scheduled post.
Thanks for playing, you were all good sports.
When I said I would have a picture of Adeline in her cast later that day, I really meant later that year....