The Happyish Homestead

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

An Interaction with Meg

Yesterday I was vacuuming the mud room.

Spencer was dragging the vacuum all over the place making it extremely difficult to maneuver helping.

I came into the kitchen and noticed that a substantial amount of the candy we had from the Pear Blossom Parade was…..

missing.

And then I saw Meg.

“Mom, can you leave the kitchen?”

“Why?”

“I’m not getting a treat.”

“O.K.”

I slowly walk out of the room as she reaches for a piece of candy.

“Meg.”

“Mom, don’t go upstairs.”

“Why not?”

“We didn’t put treats in our room.”

“You didn’t?”

“No.  Don’t look in our beds…..or under our covers, or under our pillows.”

Of course, her and Adeline had shoved a couple handfuls of candy under their sheets right by their pillows, and then tactfully re-made their beds.

Of Meg’s many talents, deception is not one of them.

It was an awesome Monday.

Katie

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I would just take it as proof that you're a great mom, since you've taught your kid so well that she CAN'T tell a lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam comes up with great whoppers like these. I did brush my teeth. I just didn't get my toothbrush wet. or I did wash my hands. I just closed the door.

    It's great.

    And just FYI... I picture you in a red 67 mustang when you're somewhat old grandma, you know when Elizabeth's kids are getting married... I'm not sure why, but I do. I'll be even older so you can cruise by the nursing home once in a while and take me for a spin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! I feel like that is me hiding candy from my kids! Thanks for always visiting my blog and commenting. It really does make me happy! Excited to see you guys this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I was when I was a teenager. Makes it hard to get too mad when they're that cute, eh? Good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....