The Happyish Homestead

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sometimes Projects Are Lame….

but necessary.

The hearth had a brick facing that was crumbling and falling apart.

I was a bit hesitant to remove it because one of the bricks was stamped 1924.

Old, right?

I house was 50 years old by that time…..

Anyway, I decided to tackle the project.

Fortunately, the original bricks were underneath.

SAM_2455

During.

A lot of chiseling, my friends.

SAM_2456

After.

SAM_2526

Don’t feel embarrassed if you didn’t notice a difference, that you failed to recognize the hours of scraping and sanding I put in, at the neglect of my children, only to reveal a layer of rough, mediocre brick.

My feelings aren’t hurt.

It’s fine.

But now Spencer can’t find random pieces of brick coming off the hearth to hurl at one of his sisters.

Everyone’s a winner.

SAM_2525

My table’s spring bouquet.

SAM_2528

And another wood sign.

I have couple of other projects in the works.

Which probably stopped sounding tantalizing 100 posts ago.

Katie

2 comments:

  1. does this mean I actually have to finish my sign? cause it isn't looking very likely. Yours turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that project looks painful, for once I'm glad its yours and not mine! Love the wood sign.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....