The hearth had a brick facing that was crumbling and falling apart.
I was a bit hesitant to remove it because one of the bricks was stamped 1924.
I house was 50 years old by that time…..
Anyway, I decided to tackle the project.
Fortunately, the original bricks were underneath.
A lot of chiseling, my friends.
Don’t feel embarrassed if you didn’t notice a difference, that you failed to recognize the hours of scraping and sanding I put in, at the neglect of my children, only to reveal a layer of rough, mediocre brick.
My feelings aren’t hurt.
But now Spencer can’t find random pieces of brick coming off the hearth to hurl at one of his sisters.
Everyone’s a winner.
My table’s spring bouquet.
And another wood sign.
I have couple of other projects in the works.
Which probably stopped sounding tantalizing 100 posts ago.