The Happyish Homestead

Friday, June 21, 2013

4th of July Decor

Well, the week improved.

Bryce gave me $25 budget, sent me out after the kids were in bed, and told me not to come back till I bought myself a positive attitude in the form of some new shoes and craft supplies.

I saw this picture on Pinterest and wanted to do something in my home similar to it.

False

Here’s my before picture.

SAM_2653

And this is what I came up with.

I really wish I was better at taking pictures or at least my camera was better…

oh well.

SAM_2671

I gathered every blue, white, and red thing in my house and started putting them together.

Turns out I have some sort of latent tendency to patriotic colors, because I ended up with a ton of stuff to work with.

SAM_2670

SAM_2671-001

By the front door….

SAM_2665

up the stair case….

SAM_2666

and on the piano.

SAM_2667

 

SAM_2674

Even a bit on the front of the house.

SAM_2654

Hope you have some fun plans for the weekend.

We’re going cherry picking.

Katie

3 comments:

  1. Cute, but we want to see the new shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...cherries. I'm liking the decor. I do love the 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Laura Ingalls Wilder was still alive I think she would write a book about your life. There is something very magical about it.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....