The Happyish Homestead

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Bit Untraditional

I know many of you this week are taking the time to count your blessings and list the countless things that you are thankful for. And I will do that too....later. For now, I'm going to do something a bit unconventional:

Things I am NOT thankful for:


  • sunburns

  • mosquitoes

  • moles: on the skin or in the ground

  • luke warm showers

  • temper tantrums

  • stretch marks

  • gum: on the sidewalk, under a desk, or in your hair

  • expired coupons

  • library late fees

  • poor vision: physically or metaphorically

  • pens with no ink

  • insensitive remarks

  • stuffing: the edible kind

  • cold toes

  • delayed flights

  • watching movies or reading books that I didn't know would be horrible before I started them

What are you not thankful for?


Katie


Don't worry, next time I will try and perform my civil duty with a more typical Thanksgiving week post. You know the surprising thing, there weren't as many things that I'm not thankful for as I thought there would be.

3 comments:

  1. --windy days when I'm bike commuting
    --broken bones
    --no time to do the things I love

    ReplyDelete
  2. --spit up
    --working opposite shifts as your husband

    Also, I just gave you an award. Check it out at getyourcraptogether.blogspot.com You know I love to visit your site!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I don't know if you knew I found your blog, but I read it often. You are hilarious Katie!) I am not thankful for running out of the chocolate candy I have been craving, bad weather during driving over the holidays, and poop paintings on my bathroom walls from potty training kids.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....