The Happyish Homestead

Monday, December 6, 2010

To Tide You Over....

Dear Friends, Followers, and Stalkers:


I would like to take a brief moment to apologize for my sporadic posting. This week we are in the throws of finishing up our house with the anticipation of being moved in by Saturday. I realize I have left many of you in the dark in regards to the efforts on the house. I will mention quickly what has been consuming our time:



Painting our walls blue, meant to be gray.

Taking down some sort of card board facing that had been nailed/stapled to ceilings and floors throughout the house.

Refinishing original hardwood floors which includes pulling up linoleum and other types of flooring from all rooms in the house.

Putting on a new roof. Not done specifically by us, but you get the idea.

Cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning. It is beyond me how a vacant house can be so dirty.



The news that I'm most sorry about....no pictures. As I've mentioned before, our camera has not been working. When I went to turn on the camera to try and troubleshoot the situation, the battery was dead. Where is the battery charger? I have no idea. I hope to uncover it in the next year or so. When I went to buy a new one, I couldn't find a charger, any.where. However, our friends have taken some pictures so hopefully I can get those and get them posted, in the next week or two?



I promise to post on Wednesday with an original potty story.



Stay tuned,



Katie



P.S. I just signed Elizabeth up at her new school....it's all day kindergarten!!!!

2 comments:

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....