The Happyish Homestead

Friday, July 22, 2011

Completely Normal

We re-arranged our master bedroom 2 weeks ago. Total time in our house: 6 months. I also replaced the curtains that I made. That's normal, right?



My mother-in-law gave me 8 old flour sacks, this is what I did with one of them.

What do you guys put your laundry in: yucky, run-of-the-mill, plastic baskets? Any better ideas out there?





That chandelier is Bryce's Father's Day gift. Not actually the crystal chandelier, I bought it for $5 last year at an estate sale. Having a light in our room was the gift, and he didn't have to do any of the electrical himself, which he abhors.


Have a great weekend.


This post took me 5.7 minutes to put together, two children, ahem, are in their room 'sorting out their feelings'.


Katie

3 comments:

  1. Well everyone's normal is different. My normal is to still live in a pretty much undecorated house over 2 1/2 years after I moved in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! love the chair! Where is the mess? My room never looks like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a week and a half I'll finally be in my own home again. Pretty exciting. Will my decorating skills match yours? Hardly. But I am going to paint a dresser this week in preparation for the move. I hope the color I chose isn't terribly disappointing in person.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....