Wednesday, April 27, 2011
What was the most outrageous thing you and your best friend did?
Stole un-ripe grapes from the neighbor on the other side of the fence.
In middle school:
Sang obnoxious songs over and over again and tried to bum money off of other people so we could buy a $.50 Twix and split it.
Played Barbies at a sleep over, even though we were 12.
In high school:
Nothing is coming to mind, so if someone wants to chime in....
At the end of each year, we would walk late at night (probably like 9:30pm or something tame like that) to the quad, and then we would take off our t-shirts and race across the grass....twice. (We kept our shirts firmly around our necks.)
Painted a co-ed's finger nails and toe-nails on some boring Saturday night.
Played raquetball, 4 times a week, mostly against boys, and beat them often enough to keep them coming back for more.
As an adult:
Let our kids eat strawberries washed off with a hose and let them run around in their panties outside.
Went to the fabric store with all of our kids, together.
I know, wild, and it's a wonder that I could set down roots and raise children with a history like that. It's a good thing they're not old enough to understand what 'a-half-streak' actually means...
*Names have not been mentioned to protect the innocent.
If you think you can top it, leave a comment...
Monday, April 25, 2011
- I document the first tomato I grew as an adult, and the picture takes place in our horribly out-dated kitchen.
- I get out smarted by Blogger.
- I trip up the stairs.
- I call the wrong number but pretend that I didn't.
- I'm walking home from a class, in college, down a main street, that is also a large hill and I trip on a rock (I'm not to this day convinced there was actually a rock there) and face plant, right next to a bus stop, in the rain.
- I go see the-down-there-doctor, regardless of the reason.
- I buy a lot, I mean a lot, so much that I'm embarrassed to take a picture, fabric from an estate sale and I haven't completed a quilt in months. I think I may have lost Meg in the mounds.
- a cashier at the grocery store opens up a new check out just for me because I'm pregnant, my cart is full and my kids are outofcontrol.
- I have to tell my neighbor that we broke her dish because I let my five year old wash dishes.
- I forget that I'm potty training Meg, and that I also forget to put a diaper on her before we leave the house, and she pees all over the cart and the floor at Home Depot.
- the only fun thing I can think of to do with my kids is to take them to Toys R Us because you can ride the bikes and play with the toys without fear of getting kicked out.
- I tell my kids we can go to Barnes and Noble to play with the Thomas train set and then I find out they don't have one at this store.
I'm going to go shower now. Don't judge, it's only 9am here, and it's the second day in a row....
P.S. My mom is here and I went through the whole list of projects that I want her to help me get done, so hopefully between the two of us, something will get done....
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
- exclamation marks
- lime and lemon bushes, or any indoor plant
- annual flowers, I have yet to keep any alive
- shaved legs
- the value menu at McDonalds
- coconut shrimp, really what's all the hubabaloo?
- buffet restaurants
- garbage disposals, not really, I'm using reverse psychology on myself, hoping not having one will stop bothering me
- wood peckers, I swear, those dumb birds bring out the worst in me
- self check out lanes
- GPS units, well, maybe just the part where it says 're-calculating' in the most awful computerized female voice ev.er. I always feel guilty, like it's my fault the road isn't where the lady thought it was....sheesh.
- spiritual/religious/self-worth forwarded emails....no offense, but various pictures of beautiful flowers/children/moments reminding me how great life is doesn't really make me feel any better
- whole wheat bread and/or pasta, bleh
- I've said it once, and I'll say it again, Walden
- rain, I actually don't feel that way, but this wet weather is about to put me under...
- snow in April, honesttogoodness....
Any additional thoughts?
Monday, April 11, 2011
- Adeline lives to tell another tale.
- I get all three kids down for a nap at the same time.
- I take a shower and no one was seriously injured in the process.
- my kids tell me dinner was delicious.
- I've lost 18 lbs in the last two weeks, never mind the fact that I had 18 lbs to lose.
- I get an awesome package in the mail from a great friend with all of my favorite things: embroidered pillow cases, hand made quilts (one just for Spencer), vintage Christmas ornaments, etc.
- I write 500 thank you notes.
- I don't tell off the lady in line behind me who is trying to give me parenting advice about Meg.
- I see a project on HGTV that I did years ago.
- tons of family, including eight siblings, all call me for my birthday.
- I know exactly where the Easter decorations are in the basement.
- I go downstairs to get said Easter decorations and there is no dead rat to be seen, not that I was looking that hard...
- I suck it up and go to McDonalds - where the only play area exists in all of Medford - and don't think twice about their horrible, horrible value menu.
- someone reads a book from my goodreads list and liked it.
- Bryce goes out of his way to tell me that Slum Dog Millionaire will be on TV and he even remembers the date and time.
- I've already washed two loads of laundry and I'm home....by myself.....for the first time.... with all four kids...
- Meg is wearing panties and hasn't had an accident.
When do you feel like a rock star?
*The project seen above is more finished then you see in those pictures. I'm just too lazy to walk all.the.way upstairs to take a photo. I'll post the more completed photos at some future date. I'm not committing myself to anything specific, mind you.