The Happyish Homestead

Monday, September 9, 2013

Don’t Hold Your Breath….

this is not going to be an awesome post.

My original plan was to do this massive installment of all the things I had accomplished during the week and weekend.

57.3 projects, to be exact.

But…..

my sewing machine died.

{I may or may not have convinced the sewing machine service guy that it would be in everyone’s best interest if my machine jumped the line so I could get everything done I needed to before this baby comes.}

So I’ve managed to get a lot of things glue gunned…..

Also, I’m trying to finish up the last of the canning.

{beets, peppers, grape juice, pear pepper jelly, apple pie filling, raspberry freezer jam, etc.}

And, it’s super fun to be home with just Spencer and Meg. 

I had forgotten how much easier those ages are compared to Elizabeth’s eight-year-old-self-entitlement-discontent-needy-whiny-argumentative attitude.

Katie

P.S. If you’re not above praying for one’s sewing machine, I would appreciate all the support I can get….

8 comments:


  1. Sorry about the machine! You are more than welcome to borrow mine. I'm not working on any sewing projects so you can keep it until yours recovers. Also...the pear pepper jelly sounds really good, can you share the recipe with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying right now! And there I go again, praying again.....wait, I just prayed again. This could be going on all day. Good luck super woman! I am sure you will knock it all out. And then knock yourself out! Wish I could be there to help. I have mad glue gun skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sewing machine! Poor thing. I'd be traumatized if my machine didn't work (hence why I now have 2 back up machine, though one doesn't work and I was gifted it to figure out the problem).
    I appreciate knowing I'm not the only one with a self-entitlement-discontent-need-whiny-argumentative child. I didn't realize a 7 year old could be this way....

    I love all the canning you're doing. That reminds me I need to go pick up the peaches, applesauce, and plums I bottled up at my brother's house last week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The agony! No machine. I will pray earnestly for you and your dear machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a minute! If your sewing machine is out then that means mine is too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, your "last of the canning" list is more than I've canned ever. In my whole life. When I grow up I'm going to be like you....

    Also, thanks for the warning about 8 year olds. I think?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could say it gets better when girls turn 11. Alas I would be lying...

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....