The Happyish Homestead

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Waiting Game

Which is a lie.

Games are supposed to be fun.

Waiting for a baby is not fun.

It’s actually prett.y lame.

On the flip side, I’ve gotten everything done I was trying to accomplish.

One of the things on the list was this bassinet.

I bought it at a garage sale for $5.

Bryce reinforced the bottom.

I washed, sanded, and sealed it.

Bought a foam pad.

And made some fitted sheets.

And for the heck of it, some bunting.

SAM_2828

SAM_2829

SAM_2830

Then Elizabeth’s like, are you going to paint it?

And I’m like, uh, no.

She’s like, but the paint is coming off and you can see the wood…

And I’m like, I know, right!?

She’s like, so you’re not going to paint it….?

Poor confused girl.

You think she would have caught on when one of her friends came over and she had to explain to her friend why her mother has a wall full of frames with no pictures in them…..

Have a good weekend.

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Can't wait to hear about a baby sleeping like-you-know-how-to-make-babies-sleep in it.
    Love ya Katie and been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the little guy sleeping in his new abode...peeling paint and all. Hope you're still feeling okay and congratulations on getting your to-do list completed!

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....