The Happyish Homestead

Monday, March 8, 2010

It Needs to Stop





It needs to stop, I'm just not quite sure how to go about doing that. There are loads of support groups out there, but I googled this one, and no such luck. It will be a lonely road, one I will be traveling for who knows how long. I just need to suck it up and face the music.

I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work. (Yes, I've diagnosed all of my family members.) If there's one thing I remember, it's the symptoms of an addict. I am not there yet, but I'm definitely showing signs, it's only a matter of time before I'm a full-fledged.....addict. Unfortunately/fortuitously I don't remember the cures quite as well.

I love enamel dishes. I do. I don't know why, but it can't be helped. I probably have 30 different pieces scattered throughout the house. And on Saturday, I just bought 17 more.

Before you judge too quickly or too rashly, I do use them around the house. They hold books, play food, play-dough, lotion, balls (that's what she said), soap, pens and pencils, grass seed (for Easter of coarse), money, jewelry, trash (I know, how could I), and so on.

I'm sure I'll come to my senses some day....probably when I run out of Christmas money. But for now, I'm enjoying the moment, and trying to figure out where to put the 17 newly adopted lovelies.

Thanks for listening,

Katie

2 comments:

  1. I am sure some of those items have my name on the bottom. Your dad also worries who is going to get all the enamel ware I have along with all the fabric I keep buying.

    Love you lots

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we all have our problems! What did you diagnose me with? I have problems with buying things just because they are on sale! Unfortunately, my purchases don't have as many uses as yours do :) Caleb would be so impressed with your use of "that's what she said". He laughed non-stop when Michael had to stop saying that. It has now become his new favorite thing to slip in there. You and him are so inappropriate!

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....