The Happyish Homestead

Monday, February 1, 2010

Adeline


Things I say to Adeline:


"Good morning."


"Let's go potty."


"Did you wash your hands?"


"You have to stay on your own couch cushion."


"Stop going onto Elizabeth's side."


"Thank you, I don't think Meg wants anymore hugs."


"Stop poking Meg."


"You don't have to take out Meg's pacifer to talk to her."


"Finish your breakfast."


"No, you can't push your baby in the stroller for our walk, that takes five hours and we only have thirty minutes."


"You better stop by the time I count to five. One...two...three...."


"Where did you put Meg's pacifier?"


"You want to watch Peter Pan, AGAIN?"


"If you want to talk to Dad on the phone, you need to stop crying."


"We don't hit."


"Timeout."


"Please don't put Elizabeth in a choke hold."


"Hurry up."


"Do you want to hold my hand?"


"Go put your coat and shoes on."


"Go put your coat and shoes on."


"Go put your coat and shoes on."


"If you do a good job putting on your coat and shoes you can have a fruit snack."


"I love you."


"Why are you so crazy?"


"No, I just got all of the coloring stuff out for you and you colored for a total of 2 minutes. You'll have to wait or go color."


"Adeline, Elizabeth can sing in the car, too."


"No, you're not done eating."


"If you do a good job eating you can have a treat."


"Yes, I can color with you."


"I don't know when Dad's going to get home, but I hope it's soon."


"You threw up because you drank your own bath water and I had already told you to get out."


"Adeline, you need to find Meg's pacifier."


"What did you give Meg to eat?"


"What's in Meg's mouth?"


"Yes, you can put on your pjamas for nap time."


"I love you, good night."


"You need to take a four hour nap, okay?"


"Yes, I can read you a book."


"Put that down."


"Don't cut that."


5 comments:

  1. Remember when I told you to start a blog because you would be really good at it...

    I was right.

    Plus now you will start secretly wishing for Adeline’s disobedience. Disobedience, I have found, is the spark behind any truly witty blog post. That and, apparently, a good pile of dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dersley! YOu are good at blogging and thank you for not putting up dumb pictures of your family all over the place. this is good substance. I am not being sarcastic by the way. Seriously, you are good and you are going to be big. Like, 20 followers at least.

    the choke hold is my favorite one. I just can't imagine it from sweet Adeline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, can I relate. Especially to the choke hold. It's sad because I think my two boys are both having fun, but I totally freak out. And I love the picture, you would never guess that these phrases are what are spoken to this little angel! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "you threw up because...." You are a cracker upper, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won't believe this, but I think Adeline looks just like you! I am sure, though, that she doesn't get her "spark" from you. That must be from Bryce's side of the family! I don't believe half the things you tell me about her because I just think that she is adorable and irresistable. No, I will not take her off your hands, but maybe when they get older you can trade her off, I might take her for a week or so :)

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....