The Happyish Homestead

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dining In






I managed to get all of my projects from last week done. This is one of the ones that I had on my list, recovering my dining room chairs.


Recovering dining room chairs is almost as great as spray paint. It takes little investment in time and money and the look can completely change. Plus, it's so fast and easy that one can do it pretty often.


It has been years and three kids since I last re-did the chairs. Since then my color scheme has changed and the fabric was all sorts of nastiness.


I thought that I would do something fun to change it up a bit. The girls think the numbers are totally fun. We have a total of six chairs. I thought about painting a seven on the high chair but I didn't want anyone to think that that was prophetic about how many kids we are going to have or anything else that's none of people's business.


I know it seems ridiculous and suicidal to have a light covered fabric, but I sprayed them with Scotch guard and I can recover them easily enough.


I just used basic black acrylic paint and stencils that I made from a free site off of the web and card stock. I think the total cost for this including the Scotch guard which is absurdly priced was about $12.


And in case anyone was wondering, I also made new curtains....


I hope your weekend is filled with sunshine and garage sales,


Katie

7 comments:

  1. Caute! You are so crafty AND clever! What a combo! I wish my weekend was going to be filled with garage sales, instead I will likely be running after 3 kids and sweating like a mule in the process. (it's hot here finally, yuck.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. I could use some of the creative energy! What little is done at my house, Beth and my mom did! I got left out of the creative gene, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house. You should be featured in a magazine. Well, an article about you and your house. And your huge awesome sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe all of the projects you do around your house! It really amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chairs...they look just as you described...well, maybe a little better. :) If I get some motivation in the next few weeks, I might tackle this project myself. Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the numbers! What a fun way to go about recovering chairs!!! Visiting from DIY Showoff, and new follower!

    ~Kimberlee
    www.thespunkydiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you from DIY and the spool frame you made. I love this idea as well. I'd love for you to link up your fabric projects with Fabric Fun Thursday :).

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....