The Happyish Homestead

Friday, July 2, 2010

You've Got Mail


This is one of the first projects that I did after we moved into our house. I got a slew of old postcards from my mother-in-law and from my grandma.

I went to Home Depot, sometimes I'm forced to go there, and I bought a piece of wood that had a white veneer coat on top. If I had it to do over, I would buy big piece of cork board and frame it with some ribbon. Anyway.....

I purchased some little alphabet tags in the scrap booking section of Michaels and hot glued those on the top of the tacks that are holding up the postcards.

I saw this idea in a Pottery Barn magazine. Of course mine doesn't look anything like it because I don't earn a Pottery Barn employee's salary nor do I live in a magazine.

In other news, I harvested my garlic, so if you need some garlic.....

Happy 4th!

Katie

3 comments:

  1. This is cute. My Great Aunt "wall-papered" her rooms with things like those postcards and pretty greeting cards and any other paper things that were aesthetically pleasing. It makes for a very interesting room to fall to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that board! Happy 4th to you as well. :) Send garlic with Mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it too!! I love old pictures and cards! I think it looks great even if it's not Pottery Barn!! AND you could be on their payroll--have you ever applied?? :0)

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....