Friday, July 30, 2010
O.K. people, as evidence of how great I think all of you are, for the finale, I will give away two quilts, so make sure that you enter by Monday morning.
Leave a comment telling me your favorite ice cream and once again your favorite or new favorite quilt along with your email address if you have not entered before.
Later on I will be posting a picture of Adeline.
Apparently if you weigh 25 lbs and you are messing around instead of going to sleep and you are doing acrobatics that involves a stool and a bed that is a foot off the the ground and you land on heavily padded carpet just so on your arm, you can break it.
Have a great weekend and I can't wait to see who wins some quilts. Thanks again for all those who have participated, I know I've had fun reading through the comments.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
This was fun, let's do it again.
The ones still available are:
Forever in Blue Jeans
Reference the previous post if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
This time you have to leave a comment telling me what your favorite song to sing in the shower is.
Don't be afraid to enter again, really, your odds are quite high of getting a quilt.
Thanks for all of those who particpated, I had fun reading all of your comments and to find out who reads my blog.
Thanks to all of those who helped tie the quilts. It was a pleasure having you all over to do my work for me.
I was talking to my mom the day I posted Don't Even Bother. She was terrified because I had just put up a picture on my blog with my house showing our house numbers and she was worried for the girls' safety. Mom, it's like you didn't.even.read.the.post.
No one in their right mind would come to our house after I had listed 51 completely true observations.
Good luck, again.
So if you were shy or nervous the first time, here's your chance.
A tender thought: I really want you to enter if you read my blog. I am doing this for you guys and.....because I am in desperate need of some blessings over here. Remember how somewhere it says it is more blessed to give than to receive.
I will announce the winner on Friday morning.
Another thought: this is nothing like gambling, really, it's not. So don't let that hold you back.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Forever in Blue Jeans
Frayed jeans backed and bound with yellow and orange lemon print fabric. Tied with yellow and orange embroidery floss. Cotton batting.
Machine appliqued eight point stars. White centers, followed by colored fabric and cream colored points. Tied with embroidery floss and buttons in the center of stars. Bound and backed with fabric with white flowers on a brown background. Cotton batting.
I have a friend who is a statistician come up with some numbers about the odds of each of you winning, assuming that everyone enters. Everyone has a one in sixteenth chance of winning. If you have two people from the same household, there is a one in eighth chance of winning.
All the binding is finished by hand.
How to Enter:
You must leave a comment. State the name of the quilt that you want to win and your favorite post. YOU HAVE TO PICK ONE OF EACH. None of this: but I like all of the quilts, or she's so clever, how can I just pick one post?
- You must leave your email address so I have a means of getting a hold of you.
- You must have entered by Wednesday morning at 7am.
- I will announce the winner on Wednesday's post and re post the quilts that are still available.
- Multiple people from the same household can enter, but only one quilt will be awarded per household.
- You must be a follower.
- If you live in Idaho I will be sending your quilt with my mom.
- If you live elsewhere I will be pawning furniture and/or children to acquire the sum to send the quilt.
- If you live in Oregon, I will be sending the quilt with my in-laws.
- random.org will decide the winner.
Friday, July 23, 2010
These windows just have some fabric that I bought at Hobby Lobby.
The is the first window that I acquired by begging. The man was totally confused when I told him I was going to hang it up, on a wall, inside my house, for decoration. Some of the flowers are from my wedding bouquet. Tender, right?
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
Adeline turned 3 yesterday!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
- July 3rd - We hosted a spur of the moment BBQ and it was so.much.fun.
- Hair - not mine, the girls'. I don't French braid, never have been able to, but the other day I turned on Toy Story for the girls and gave it a go while they sat dumb struck by animation. It actually looked like French braids.
- Broccoli - we planted it in our garden this year, and harvested some of it, and it tasted just like broccoli
- Projects - I got all of the projects done this week that I wanted to. Bryce should take me out for dinner, don't you think?
- Garage selling - I found two large frogs for $.50 each and three boxes of scrap fabric for $1 a piece.
- Dinner - I cooked dinner every.single.night this week. Pasta roni totally counts.
- Jo-Ann - I bought fabric for the last of my quilts for the give-away. I'm doing it the end of this month, for sure.
- July 4th - everyone was attired in red, white, and blue.
- Movies - Bandslam, it's a fun flick with unrealistic characters.
- Meg - she wanted her hair put in curlers like Elizabeth and Adeline. She was incredibly patient and kept wanting me to put more curlers in her hair. Naturally she pulled them out 3 1/2 minutes later, but it was fun while it lasted.