The Happyish Homestead

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pretend You Are All Priests



and what I say in this post as far as confessions goes no further than me and all of you.




I haven't been completely honest with all of you. It's true. I hold back some things. Mostly things that I'm embarrassed or ashamed about. Things that I think will prevent people from thinking I'm awesome - which I am only some of the time.




As you read through this post it will explain why this is not a typical Friday post.




Here it goes:




  • I didn't finish a single project this week. I got some closer to being finished, but nothing to show off. By closer, I mean I got two of 9 panels of curtains hung.


  • Lots of times I wait until a project is completely done before I post about it.


  • Nothing makes me more cranky and out of sorts than kids waking up when it's still too dark to see what time it is.


  • We had maggots. Gross, I know. Apparently some unsuspecting fly laid her eggs in between our floor boards. I thought at first that it was rice. I feel more than violated. They're under control now, as in dead, as in smothered in bleach in my front yard.


  • I don't dress Meg till about 9am.


  • Remember that one post where I said our shower was leaking? That was a lie. It was like a torrential flood into our basement. We had to get the bathroom completely re coated, it looks really great now and....no flooding.


  • Some months I buy too much fabric and we have no money left over for food by the end of the month. We have food, it's just nothing terribly exciting.


  • Elizabeth rides the bus home from school. The bus stop is about three houses down from ours. I leave the other girls home taking naps while I go pick her up. I'm gone for about seven minutes. Please don't call the CPS.


  • Our neighbor has some sort of large 'indoor' lap pool. I really hope he invites us over to go swimming some time.


  • We have a large back hoe sitting in our front yard. We have mounds of random dirt scattered throughout our yard. Some things just take heavy machinery to accomplish.


  • I lost some pillows. The logical conclusion is that they're in the basement somewhere in one of the 25 boxes still unpacked. I hope it's true.


  • I try to get Adeline to play babies so I can be the kid and take a nap. Barbies are not so conducive to napping.


  • Bryce and I have not agreed on a single boy name.


  • I don't really like bananas or cooked carrots.


I think that's it. Feel free to leave a confession, I promise to read it, sympathize with you, and then erase it from my memory, which is kind of what I'm hoping you'll do for me.



Katie

8 comments:

  1. That all sounds pretty typical to me (=

    My kids have days when they don't get dressed at all and we eat cookies for lunch. It hasn't killed anyone.

    Boys names are tough. Hubby and I had a ton of girl names, but boys were so much harder. In the end, we settled on Joshua and Spencer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad about not dressing Meg til 9:00. It is 9:30 and my boys aren't even awake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My confession...there is still a cereal bowl from yesterday on the table. And I don't plan on cleaning it up until like 5:45, right before you guys come over. Deal with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We,meaning the kids and I, didn't get up before 9 any day this week except today, because they needed to be at school at 8:45. Otherwise we'd all still be in pjs at 12pm.

    When I say I am going to clean the house, I really mean put away all the junk that has accumulated during the week, except on the back table. I am not scrubbing or anything.

    My baby ate food off the booster seat yesterday that I can't remember when we had it. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I leave dishes in the sink for several days, hoping Jay will have pity on me and wash them. Then when he does I say, "Oh, was going to do those, you didn't have to." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah wore the same clothes for two days straight this week, including sleeping in them.

    I NEVER clear my dinner dishes until the next morning.

    I don't post any projects on my blog because I almost never completely finish any projects. Case in point: We have lived in this house for over two and a half years and I still haven't really hung pictures.

    I am hosting book club tonight and will most likely not finish the book which I selected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly do like balogna or baloney or however you choose to spell it.

    I also for some perverse reason like the "wonder if it really has cheese in it" dipping sauce that comes in the nacho Lunchables. (99 cents at Safeway this week.)

    I eat at least twice as many cookies as any other person in my house. Of course that comes with a price... Now I have to get up at 5:30 to work out while everyone else sleeps.

    I know way too much about kidney stones and how to prevent them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't done dishes since breakfast...yesterday. Not a big deal? not when the dishwasher is broken and everything has to be dne by hand...and we are out of plates, forks and spoons.

    I am not such a fan of neighbor kids coming over and saying "can Jared play with me?" and when I say okay they quickly take off their coat and shoes and then I realize they meant HERE...at my house....that I just cleaned.

    ReplyDelete

You're a valued reader, thanks for your comments, they help keep me sane....